*** 2009 Information below for your reference, check back March 15 for updated 2010 information
Used Curriculum Sale 2009
NEW THIS YEAR – CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED AT THE USED CURRICULUM SALE!
2 ways for registered attendees to benefit.
- Shop at the Used Curriculum Sale on Saturday from 10:30am – 3:00pm. Last year, over 8,000 items were offered for sale at yard sale prices!
- Drop off your used curriculum when you arrive at the convention. Our volunteers will sort, display and sell your items for you. You will receive your check in the mail 6 weeks after the convention. (See detailed instructions below.)
Used Curriculum Sale Schedule
Used Curriculum Drop Off Times: Friday, May 29, 2:00pm-8:00pm and Saturday, May 30, 8:30am-10:00am*
Sale Hours: Saturday, May 30, 10:30am-3:00pm
Pick-Up Time For Unsold Items: Saturday, May 30, 5:00-6:00 pm
* Every effort will be made to include all books brought for the Used Curriculum sale. However, we cannot guarantee that books received on Saturday morning will be put out. That is our busiest time as we prepare to open. Any books that are not put out for the sale will be held for you to pick up at the conclusion of the convention.
Want to volunteer at the Used Curriculum Sale? Earn Early Bird Shopping Privileges!
See the Volunteer page to find out how to sign up.
How To Sell Your Materials
Please be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully. If you have any questions please feel free to email our Used Curriculum Coordinator.
- Register for the convention. Any seller who is not registered will be redirected to the registration table at the convention.
- Use only the ENOCH forms provided. Make copies if needed.
- Complete the BOOK LABEL forms; follow directions exactly. Do not change the form.
- Using only one strip of scotch tape across the center, put one label on the outside AND on the inside of each item to be sold. Be sure to put one label on the inside of each item for security. If labels are taped any other way, your books will not be accepted for sale. Be sure each item being sold in a s et is labeled individually.
- Complete the MASTER BOOK LIST (maximum 10 pages per registered family), making sure the numbers and information match those on the BOOK LABELS. Do NOT add alphabet letters to the numbering system. Each book you sell will have a two-part identifying system: the page number for the Master List, and the item number from that list. Make sure that EACH Master List you submit has its own page number, and that EACH item on EACH page has its own number. For example, if you submit two Master List pages, the book written in the top line of the second page will be identified as 'Page 2, Item 1' on its Book Label. ENOCH cannot be responsible for mismarked items.
- Price each item. ALL items must be priced at $1.00 or greater and in increments of a dollar: $1.00, $2.00, $3.00 etc. Items priced less than $1.00 will not be sold. ENOCH will not be responsible for these books and they will be either returned or discarded.
- Make TWO additional photocopies of the MASTER BOOK LIST. The original and one copy will be turned in with the books and you will keep one copy. If the seller fails to provide two copies of the master book list, ENOCH will charge a $0.20/page fee which will be deducted from the seller's profit.
- Sellers may bundle items at their own risk. Many times, bundles are taken apart for examination by buyers and are often not reassembled. The UC staff cannot guarantee that bundled items will remain together.
- Drop off materials and the original and one copy of the MASTER BOOK LIST at the times listed at the top of this page.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for the check to arrive. No payment will be issued at the convention. Monies are distributed as follows:
From Total Sales: Seller Earns 75%
ENOCH Earns 25%
- You must pick up any unsold materials BEFORE leaving the Convention.
- All items priced $25.00 and up must be inspected by a used curriculum staff member before being accepted. Please keep these books separate in order to expedite this process.
- Please be prepared to transport your items from your car to the used curriculum area. ENOCH volunteers will not be available to provide this service.
- There will be no "FREE TABLE" because of limited space. Please do not bring non-saleable items to the convention.
All unclaimed materials become the property of ENOCH and will be disposed of at ENOCH's discretion.
Only non-offensive educational materials in serviceable condition will be accepted. All questionable materials will be removed at the operator's discretion and returned or discarded.
How To Make a Donation to ENOCH
You can donate all or some of the proceeds from your used curriculum to ENOCH. Here’s how easy it is:
Decide which books you would like to donate to ENOCH. Complete the paperwork exactly as described in the How to Sell instructions. Instead of putting your name on the labels and master list, just write in ENOCH instead of your name. Thanks for supporting homeschooling in New Jersey!
Used Curriculum Sale Forms
To have your materials placed in this sale, you can obtain the forms online or by mail by sending a self-addressed stamped business envelope #10 to:
ENOCH of NJ Used Curriculum
54 Woodland Drive
Middletown, NJ 07748
Used Curriculum Sale Shopping Notes
For security reasons, no strollers will be allowed in the used curriculum area. We will have a Stroller Park available for your strollers. If you have a small infant that must accompany you, please use a baby sling or baby backpack.
- No food or drink will be allowed into the UC area.
- All carts, wagons, and bags must be checked in before entering the Used Curriculum area. There will be an ample supply of boxes and bags for your use.
- Availability and quantity of materials in the Used Curriculum Sale depends entirely on the selection provided by the participants. ENOCH is not a supplier of these materials and cannot guarantee what will be available.
- ENOCH is not responsible for missing or stolen items.